It is Monday and I thought it would be great to start the week by being reminded of the joy it is to be parents. Being a mom is one of the greatest blessings there are but there are times during the week and during the day, when responsibilities, laundry, dishes, grocery lists and kids attitudes start to pile up. It is then, when it is easy to forget the reason why we do it all!! It is easy to forget that we live for so much more than just the little and sometimes annoying things of life. It is easy to forget that one day, we will look back at this crazy days and we will hopefully say “It was all worth it”!!!
I found this amazing 10 point manifesto and I have put it on my fridge so that I can continuously remind myself of the things I should focus on every day. If we could start our weeks thinking on this things, I can guarantee our weeks will not be the same!!
This was taken out of the wonderful website www.aholyexperience.com. I hope you are blessed by reading this, as I was blessed!! Have a great week!!
(click any text in underlined links to posts for more explanation & encouragement)::
1. Today, I will make our home a house of prayer. I will pray at set times. And I will invite our children to come move into an interior space that lives with God.
2. Today, I will transfigure all things into beauty, and I will refuse to see anything else.
3. Today, I will not have any emergencies. There are no emergencies! Only amateurs hurry.
4. Today, when stress mounts, I pray to dismount it with gratitude. My stress management plan will be intervention with verbal thanks. I can only feel one feeling at a time, and I choose to give thanks at all times. Fight feeling with feeling!
5. Today, I will pray to speak words that are only STRONG words, words that make these children feel strong. Grace words. Grace is the only non-toxic air. All other words I breathe are death words.
6. Today, I will pray to be consistently consistent. I will create safe rhythms that our children can find security in. I willcreate daily ceremonies because everyday we are CELEBRATING the gift of now!
7. Today, the moment when I am most repelled by a child’s behavior, that is my sign to draw the very closest to that child.
8. Today, I will hug each of my children as many times as I serve them meals — because children’s hearts feed on touch. I’ll look for as many opportunities to touch my children today as possible — the taller they are, the more so.
9. Today, my priorities will be all Things Unseen.
10. Today, I will laugh! And I will let the little children laugh! I will create a culture of JOY!