Our last day of Princess camp was about having a thankful heart. One of the things we did was a thankful heart pillow. I thought I would share this with you because the girls loved it, and you can use it to encourage your kids at home, girls and boys (just change the colors). Here is a picture of what it looked like!
The purpose of this pillow is to keep the things that they are thankful for, in their “hearts”. We went around and everyone said something they were grateful for. I wrote each thing on a slip of paper and we put them inside the pocket, for them to read to their family later and also to continue to put more in there. It is awesome to encourage our kids to be thankful from a young age. What a blessing this will be when they grow old!!
I loved hearing the things they had to say! It was never anything big. It was more something like…
I am thankful for mommy brushing my hair at night and I am thankful for my mommy making dinner so I can eat
I wish I could remember them all now but they were all so simple and sweet
How to make them?
You will need:
- 2 sheets of felt
- embroidery thread or ribbon
- polyester filling ( sold at any craft store)
- Cut 2 hearts out of felt and stitch almost all around. Leave a 1 and a half opening to put the stuffing in!
- Finish stitching up
- To make the pocket, cut a small rectangle and stitch around it if you want. I didn’t stitch all mine for lack of time.
- Put hot glue on the edges around with a hot glue gun ( (do not do the top or you will shut it close ).
- Put some thread in a thick needle and do a loop on the top for hanging, make a knot and cut.
- Use thread and needle and put it through the very bottom of the heart.
- String one of you beads and make a knot, take another bead and make a knot and keep going to make it as long as you like it!
Enjoy filling it up!!!
To see more on the Princess camp, click below:
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3