I had never been a great fan of cauliflower until I made it like this. I love the tanginess of the lemon together with the parmesan cheese, garlic and the rustic flavor of roasted cauliflower. They make this side dish the most liked and requested by my family and people we have over. I like to put some fresh herbs on it when I have my herb garden in the summer, but I also make it without them in the winter. Either way is delicious!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary, thyme, parsley or any 2 of those combined (optional)
- olive oil
Pre heat your oven at 400˚
- Put your cauliflower in a roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and toss it to coat the cauliflower with the oil and spices.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, take out and toss.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, take out and add herbs, lemon and parmesan cheese.
- Toss it all together and put it in again for about 5 more minutes or until lightly browned and cooked until desired doneness.
Enjoy with a nice piece of steak or grilled chicken!